NBC Press Release
Air Date: November 6, 2006
THE "HEROES" EACH CONFRONT UNEXPECTED NEWS AND EVENTS THAT COULD FURTHER CHANGE THEIR LIVES AND RELATIONSHIPS -- Facing a crisis involving her son Micah, a distraught Niki reveals her recent personal struggles to a friend. Pushing aside his own issues at home, Matt assists Audrey's investigation into another bizarre murder, but their pursuit of mysterious serial killer Sylar takes an unexpected turn. After failing to act like a "superhero" when faced with danger, Hiro questions his heroism. Nathan and his wife Heidi strategize how to win the congressional election. Claire is shocked to learn where her missing tape wound up. Meanwhile, her father H.R.G. is disturbed by news from one of his associates.
Re-cap of Episode Chapter 7: “Nothing To Hide”
Peter is talking to Charles Deveaux in his apartment when he tells him that he loves him. Peter tells Charles that he can fly and appears to jump out the window but Peter wakes up from a dream in his apartment. Simone rings his doorbell and tells him that her father has just passed away.
Zach tells Claire that he has found the missing tape and returns it to her. Claire's brother Lyle finds the tape.
Niki wakes up on the floor and discovers that D. L. and Micah are gone. She looks into the mirror and asks her alter ego for help.
Matt hears his wife thinking and it is not good news.
Simone and Peter visit Isaac’s studio only to find that he is gone as are his most recent paintings. Simone tells Peter that the last conversation she had with her father was about Peter and that the two of them were flying and that Peter told him that everything was going to be OK and that he would save the world. Simone tells Peter that the missing painting was sold to "a guy named Linderman."
We discover that Nathan’s wife is wheelchair bound and that she is working with him to help win the campaign for Congress. An interview with a prominent journalist has been set.
Audrey tells Matt that Sylar has killed again. When they reach the morgue they find a body burned beyond recognition. A finger print matching those one Theodore Spragus is found seared to the bone on the body and Audrey mistakes the murder for the work of Sylar.
Niki tells Tina that her alter ego is named Jessica and that she has asked her to come out and help her find Micah.
In the desert Micah tells D.L. that “Heroes don’t run away! Heroes help people!” and that he thinks that he is a bad man. Up ahead in the road an accident has occurred. D.L. and Micah stop to help just as Hiro and Ando pull up to the scene. A car is on fire and a woman is trapped inside the locked vehicle. D.L. phase shifts through the window, opens the door from the inside and pulls the woman out. Just as D.L. is pulling the woman out of the car it erupts in an explosion. Hiro stops time and moves everyone out of harms way just as the car explodes after time resumes.
At Nathan's brunch party a journalist asks some very hard questions concerning the accident that caused Nathan’s wife to become wheelchair bound and Nathan’s trip to Las Vegas, including a blonde woman. Peter lies to the journalist telling him that they were there for Peter’s mental well-being and that the woman was a doctor.
Hiro tells Micah about his ability to stop time and shows him the yet to be released comic book with Hiro as the star. D.L. Tells Micah that they can never go back.
Claire convinces her brother to return the missing tape which he does when Claire tells him that they won’t ever be a family again if he tells anyone what he has seen.
Matt and Audrey Hanson enter Theodore Sprague’s home to find burned items everywhere. Pictures have faces burned off. The computer keyboard is scorched in places and the door to the bedroom is black with burn marks. When Matt and Audrey enter the bedroom it is entirely black with burns.
The journalist tell Nathan that he has heard rumors that the Linderman Group has invested in his campaign fund but that Linderman has ties to the mob. Nathan tells him that his father was in business with Linderman.
Matt and Audrey find chemotherapy prescriptions for Karen Sprague and that the doctor was Robert Fresco, the burn victim in the morgue. Matt tells Audrey that Sprague is not Sylar and they head off to the hospital to find him. They confront Theodore in the hospital room of his dying wife. Sprague grabs a nurse for protection and burns her badly but he releases her when Matt convinces him that he can hear Karen’s thoughts. After Karen Sprague dies Theodore surrenders.
Niki calls Nathan for help locating Micah but he tells her that he cannot help. When his wife confronts him about what happened in Vegas he confirms Peter’s lies. Niki breaks the mirror in her room and Jessica appears (Helix symbol tattoo visible on her back.)
Nathan calls Linderman to retrieve the missing painting but he refuses to sell it back. Nathan goes to Peter to tell him the bad news. He also explains that his power is useless and that it won’t make a difference. Nathan also tells Peter about the attempted kidnapping by HRG and MBG.
Sprague is being photographed for his mug shot when a close-up reveals two small “slash/cut” marks on his neck. We also see Matt Parkman with similar marks on his shoulder.
Micah sneaks away from D.L., “fixes” a broken phone by thinking about it and calls Niki. He tells her their location. Jessica loads a clip into her hand gun...
* The newspaper which Peter is reading in Charles Deveaux’s apartment is dated Thursday, November 2nd 2006 and the lead story is entitled, “Skies Clear For Solar Eclipse.” The newspaper is the New York Epigraph(?).
* Peter talks about stock in Yamagato Industries which is the company that Hiro and Ando used to work for.
* The license plate number of Niki’s black AMC Gremlin is 231-HQV. But where is the red 66 Cadillac?
* Matt hears his wife’s thoughts. She thinks, “I thought I was being so careful.” And “Oh god, he knows?”
* The sketch of Charles Deveaux was done by Isaac for his 70th birthday.
* Nathan and Heidi Petrelli live in Hyde Park.
* Nathan’s political posters read: “Nathan Petrelli – A leader with the ability to inspire – Elect Petrelli” and “Nathan Petrelli – A True Leader – Elect Petrelli.”
* The journalist’s name is Oliver Dennison and he works for the New York Journal.
* The burned victim is identified as Robert Fresco an Oncologist from UCLA Medical Center. He was found in a parking lot in Brentwood.
* Fresco’s burned body was putting out 1800 kerries (?) of radiation.
* The advertisements in Hiro’s comic book are for “x-ray glasses” and “The further Adventures of Bumble…”
* Hiro’s 9th Wonders! comic book “I Did It!” is Issue # 14.
* Theodore Sprague lives at 93 Laramie Street, Los Angeles, CA. 90016, his date of birth is 8/28/73, he is 5’10” tall, weighs 175 pounds and has brown eyes and hair.
* Theodore Sprague tells Matt and Audrey that he and his wife listened to the soundtrack to the movie “American Beauty” while on their picnic.
* Nathan calls MBG a “spooky Euro-dude” and HRG “a guy with horn-rimmed glasses.”
* Theodore Sprague and Matt Parkman have similar “cuts” on their necks/shoulders.
* Micah tells Jessica that he and D.L. are at the Littlefield Motel off of Highway 14.
1) Peter talks to Charles Deveaux (in a dream.)
2) Simone tells Peter that Isaac’s missing painting was sold to Mr. Linderman.
3) Niki tells Teas Tina about her alter ego Jessica and Tina meets her personally.
4) Hiro and Ando meet D.L. and Micah in the desert near a car accident. D.L. saves a woman’s life and Hiro saves D.L.’s life.
5) The journalist, Oliver Dennison, tells Nathan that he knows that the Linderman Group has invested in his campaign.
6) Matt and Audrey confront a new hero, Theodore Sprague who it appears can manipulate fusion.
7) Nathan calls Linderman to see if he can retrieve the painting.
8) Micah talks to Jessica on the phone.
1) Was driving when an accident occurred putting his wife in a wheelchair, perhaps forever.
2) Has been publicly linked to the “Linderman Group.”
3) Lies to his wife about Niki.
4) Tries to convince Peter that flying won’t make a difference.
1) Lies to protect his brother.
2) Dreams of Charles Deveaux.
3) Tries to get Nathan to retrieve Isaac’s missing painting from Linderman.
1) Hit by car and thrown onto windshield (driven by Zach)
2) Right leg broken and twisted by impact.
3) Hand stapled by her brother Lyle.
Not found in episode.
1) Sketch of face of Charles Deveaux (in sketchbook)
1) Stops time to prevent death of D.L. and car accident victim in the desert of Nevada.
2) Saves D.L. and woman from sure death by pushing them out of the way before the car explodes.
1) Narrator at end of episode.
Niki Sanders / Jessica
1) Niki tells Texas Tina about Jessica.
2) Jessica can be identified by the tattoo on her shoulder.
3) Jessica convinces Micah to tell her where he is.
4) Knows how to load a hand gun.
Genius, technopath and polymath, young Micah is another child of two individuals with unique powers. Does this amplify the degree of the power? If so Micah may be a power to be reckoned with in the future. He knows more than he lets on and is now confirmed as being able to manipulate and fix broken electronic equipment including computers and phones.
1) We find that Micah’s power is the manipulation of electronics (he “fixes” a telephone that is out of order and has no dial tone.
2) Micah knows that his mother has two distinct personalities.
1) Phase shifts through the window of a car to open the door and rescue a woman from a car wreck.
Not found in episode.
1) Finds that his wife was having an affair.
2) Deduces that Theodore Sprague is not Sylar.
3) Listens in to the thoughts os a dying Karen Sprague.
Theodore Sprague (New Hero)
1) Has the ability to burn things.
2) Radiation levels are high in areas that he has burned.
3) Has some level of control over his ability.
Paul E. Sylar:
1) Not found in episode.
2) Mentioned by Audrey Hanson as striking again but she is mistaken.
The symbol appears to be a shadow (or an eclipse) of the human DNA helix. The intersecting horizontal lines seem to be markers where the DNA has mutated. This is possibly the super-genome or a “new” or “mutated” protein that identifies the Heroes. It can be found in too many locations (see below) to be a mere coincidence. Is it a calling card to those with special powers? And will they rally around it?
1) Found on Jessica’s back in the form of a tattoo.
1) Theodore Sprague’s address is 93 Laramie Street, Los Angeles, CA. 90016
Pop-culture references in Heroes:
In the world of Heroes there have been quite a few mentions to pop-culture. Most notably Hiro and Ando discuss Star Trek and comic books. I have attempted a list of pop-culture references here as part of the documentation of the Heroes world.
1) Theodore and Karen Sprague listened to the soundtrack of the movie “American Beauty” on their picnic. Or it could also be the Grateful Dead album of the same name.
2) “Littlefield Motel” - reference not yet found.
3) Lyle and Zach talk about YouTube the popular Internet video website.
Tina (Texas Tina) – The girl’s name Tina is of Latin origin. Name ending, particularly of Christina, used as an independent name and in combination with other names.
Janice (Parkman) – Janice is a derivative of Jane with the suffix –ice from names like Candice and Bernice. Probably first coined as the name of the heroine of the novel “Janice Meredith” (1899) by Paul Leicester Ford. Jane then, pronounced jayn, is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is “the Lord is gracious.” Originally, a feminine form of the name John.
Theodore Sprague –Theodore is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "God's gift." From Theodorus. Early Christian name and saint's name. Sprague is English in origin and means lively or alert.
Heidi (Petrelli) – The girl’s name Heidi is German in origin and means noble or kind. Heidi is the short form of Adelaide or Adelheid (Old German) and also means, "exalted nature."
Oliver Dennison – The boy's name Oliver is of Latin origin and its meaning is "olive tree." Name of one of Charlemagne's knights in the 12th-century poem "Chanson de Roland." Also possibly from Alfihar (Old German) "host of elves" or Olafr (Old Norse) "ancestor." Biblical: the olive tree is a symbol of fruitfulness, beauty, and dignity. Dennison – Son of Dennis. Dennis is of Greek and English origin, and its meaning is "follower of Dionysius." Also variant of Dionysius. Mythology: Dionysius is the Greek god of wine, responsible for the growth of the vines in spring and the originator of winemaking; he is equivalent to the Roman god Bacchus. Biblical: a judge of Athens who was converted to Christianity by the apostle Paul.
Robert Fresco - The boy's name Robert is of Old German origin, and its meaning is "shining with fame." A favorite name for boys since the Middle Ages. Especially favored by the Scots due to 14th-century king Robert the Bruce. Fresco – a form of painting on wet plaster.