Air date Monday October 9, 2006 7/8C
Someone has multiple powers…
Niki has finished her ritual in the desert and sets off to confront Micah’s paternal grandmother. Claire prepares for a High school rally as her friend Jackie decides to run for class president based on her newfound popularity. Hiro asks his co-worker, Ando, to help him save the world starting with the life of a young girl. Peter practices his flying skills but only falls. Later, Peter shows Nathan a book by Chandra Suresh called “Activating Evolution” and wants Nathan to help him locate Dr. Suresh. Eden visits Mohinder and we see that Mohinder has possession of the “exterminators” gun. Mohinder gets angry and throws the laptop computer. Eden finds a notebook written by Dr. Suresh with some very interesting notations. The least of which is Sylar’s address. Meanwhile, Matt is being “interviewed” by Audrey Hanson. After reading her thoughts Audrey invites Matt to work for the FBI. Zach tries to convince Claire to take up the life of a superhero but Claire wishes only to be normal. Isaac and Simone argue and Simone leaves Isaac. Hiro tries to make contact with Isaac over the phone but Isaac hangs up on him. Hiro convinces Ando to help him when he stops time and saves the little girl’s life. While visiting D.L.’s mother Niki tells us that D.L. took 2 million dollars from Linderman and then killed his own crew (can you say mirror-double?). Molly Walker, the little girl traumatized by Sylar in Episode 2 is almost kidnapped by a man in a baseball cap and dark clothes (Sylar?). When Audrey Hanson confronts the man she is mentally thrown back against a wall and points her gun at her own head. Matt comes in and shoots the man numerous times. The man stands up and teleports away. Mohinder and Eden break into Sylar’s apartment and find strange writing on the wall (see below.) There is also a map with at least 5 photographs of people with the symbol printed on the photos. One of the pictures is Nathan Petrelli. Hiro and Ando fly to America guided by the 9th Wonders! comic book that Hiro obtained in the future. At the High School rally Brody tells Claire that he knows she is looking for her birth parents. During a make-out session Brody attempts to rape Claire but when he pushes her she falls and a tree branch punctures her skull. Niki and Micah are pulled over by the police who inform her that Linderman wants to talk to her. At Nathan’s political rally he tells everyone that Peter tried to commit suicide and that he is there to help him. Peter tells Simone that he loves her. Hiro and Ando arrive in L.A. and Hiro demands a Nissan Versa at the car rental counter. Ando is watching Niki on his iPod when the website lasvegasniki.com is seen on the screen (note: this site takes you to the 9th Wonders! message board forum.) After an argument with his wife Matt goes to the bar and while listening to the thoughts of the patrons comes across a mysterious man that is impervious to his powers. The mysterious man’s mind is suspiciously silent. Mohinder brings the police to Sylar’s apartment only to find that it has been emptied. Isaac opens a drawing pad filled with images of Simone and turns to a page where she is kissing Peter. And in the shocking finale… Claire wakes up on a table in the morgue after her autopsy has already begun!
* The sign outside Claire’s High School reads: “Union Wells High School, Home of the Wildcats.” The “H” in school is in red lettering; all the other letters in the sign are black.
* The name of the company that Ando and Hiro work for is Yamagato Industries. The company logo and name is found on Ando’s computer screen.
* The 9th Wonders! Comic book with Hiro on the cover is labeled “Issue # 14.”
* Chandra Suresh’s book is titled “Activating Evolution” and the book has the symbol printed on the front cover.
* Sylar’s address, 1146 Trenton Place Apt. 1B, Queens, N.Y. 11011, is scrawled on one of the pages of Chandra Suresh’s notebook.
* During the interview between Audrey Hanson and Matt Parkman an unidentified person takes notes behind the one-way glass. The clock on the wall reads 4:05.
* The license plate on the truck that almost runs over the little girl in Tokyo is 19-47.
* A sign in Audrey Hanson’s office reads: FBI – Los Angeles – Dedicated to the Agents Who Have Served.
* When Mohinder and Eden break into Sylar’s apartment a new map is revealed. There are a number of photographs on the map. The first is of a man with a beard who is wearing a hat – his picture is tacked to Brazil, the second is of a young woman with long hair – her picture is tacked to Alaska, the third is of a young Indian woman – this is an employee badge #2275 for Solta (?) Pacific Airlines and her image is tacked to India, the fourth is of a young woman in front of a Christmas tree (?) – her picture is tacked to Greenland (near Baffin Bay), and the last image is a photo from a newspaper of Nathan Petrelli with the headline “Petrelli Throws Hat Into Political Ring”– this picture is tacked over New York City. All the pictures have the symbol printed on them
* The words written on Sylar’s back wall include: “Forgive me”, “I have Sinned”, “Forgive Me Father For I have Sinned”, “*tete”,
* The woman sitting between Hiro and Ando on the plane between Tokyo and Los Angeles is reading an Acting magazine.
* Charles Deveux’s apartment building number is 210.
* It appears that Matt’s wife Janice is studying to become a lawyer.
* Hiro and Ando rent a blue 2007 Nissan Versa at the airport in Los Angeles.
* The name of the car rental agency is “Hotspur Car Rental.”
* Ando has downloaded Niki videos to his iPod. One scene gives us the website “lasvegasniki.com.” This website redirects to the official/unofficial Heroes website boards 9th Wonders! - http://www.9thwonders.com/
* The MBG is wearing a necklace with the symbol on it.
* Isaac’s sketchbook contains the following sketches: a) Sketch of Simone’s face, b) large sketch of Simone’s face, c) sketch of Simone from torso, arms and face, d) sketch of an eye, e) sketch of Simone’s face, f) two sketches of lips, g) sketch of Peter and Simone kissing in the rain under a red umbrella.
Note: Episodes 1 & 2 both begin with Peter Petrelli falling off a building… this may be very significant. Episode 3 begins in the desert with Niki and Micah.
Cast of characters - occupation/ ability:
1) Isaac Mendez – Painter /Psychic (foresight – manifests in his paintings during drug induced state)
2) Hiro Nakamura – Office worker / Bends space-time and teleports
3) Ando Masahashi - Hiro's co-worker / Unknown or none
4) Simone Deveaux - Unknown / Unknown
5) Charles Deveaux (Simone’s father) – dying patient / Unknown
6) Micah Sanders – Student / Genius, technopath (?)
7) Niki Sanders – Stripper / Doppelganger (Mirror double?)
8) Nathan Petrelli – Politician / Can fly
9) Peter Petrelli – Hospice Nurse / Unknown (perhaps can fly or assumes others abilities?)
10) Mrs. Petrelli – Mother of Petrelli brothers/ Unknown
11) Dr. Mohinder Suresh – Teacher / Narrator – Searching for Patient Zero
12) Dr. Chandra Suresh – Mohinder’s father / Geneticist w/ Hero clues
13) Claire Bennett – High School Student/ Rapid Cellular Regeneration
14) Mr. Bennett – Claire’s “father” - antagonist / Unknown
15) Zack – Claire’s videographer / None?
16) Uluru – Monster / Evil? Unknown
17) Linderman – Mob boss (not in episode but mentioned)
1) Matt Parkman – Policeman / Can “hear” thoughts.
2) Mr. Petrelli – Deceased / Unknown, but his power may have caused his clinical depression and suicide.
3) “The Exterminator” – Undercover operative / Unknown or none.
4) Eden McKenzie – Works in bookstore - Actress / Unknown (Assists Mohinder.)
5) Policewoman 1 (CIA Agent)– Knows Sylar / Unknown or none.
6) Audrey Hanson - FBI Agent (Arrests Parkman) - Knows Sylar (mentions him as a mass murderer) / Unknown or none.
7) Jackie – High school cheerleader / Unknown or none.
8) Brody – High school quarterback / Unknown or none.
9) Lori Trammell– Student at Claire’s school (Claire’s friend) / Unknown or none.
10) Molly Walker – Daughter of murder victims / Unknown.
11) Mrs. Walker (Murdered mother) – Unknown / Levitation?
12) Mr. Walker (Murdered father) – Unknown / Freeze?
13) Sylar – Unknown / (Assumes others abilities? - Telekinesis, magnetism, rapid cellular regeneration and teleportation, probably more)
14) D. L. Hawkins – Father of Micah? / Unknown (mentioned by Niki as D.L. to her sister but did not appear in the episode.)
15) Linderman – Mob boss (not in episode but mentioned)
1) D.L. Hawkin’s mother (Micah’s grandmother) – Unknown / Unknown but she is the mother and grandmother of “heroes”.
2) Mrs. Parkman - Matt’s wife / Unknown or none
3) Linderman – Mob boss (not in episode but mentioned)
4) Mysterious man in bar – Unknown / Can block mind reading?
5) Linderman’s goon (policeman) – Bodyguard / Unknown or none
1) Hiro has on his computer a screen saver that looks like a painting from a comic book by Isaac.
2) Micah and Hiro are both reading a comic book called “9th Wonder” with images that look like paintings by Isaac.
3) Peter is the hospice nurse for Simone’s dying (?) father.
4) Simone is Isaac’s girlfriend.
5) Isaac painted the train wreck where Claire saved a worker.
6) Claire’s “father” is following Mohinder.
7) Micah constructed a pinhole camera to view the eclipse. The same eclipse that Isaac painted earlier.
8) Hiro’s co-worker has a video of Niki on his computer.
Graphic Novel One: Monsters
1) Mohinder is being photographed by Mr. Bennett
2) The eclipse is shown in numerous scenes in the graphic novel.
3) Peter and Nathan, Hiro, Claire, Isaac and Niki surround Mohinder in one scene.
4) Hidden scenes from graphic novel (click on page 1) show Hiro witnessing the explosion from episode two and teleporting back to Tokyo.
1) A strange symbol (gene helix?) made an appearance tonight in many places: it was found in Isaac’s apartment in paintings (at least 7 times), on a stick-it note on Mohinder’s map, on the laptop computer from the jump drive, on Peter’s drawing, in the pool (hose) at the home of the murdered man and his wife and inside Chandra Suresh’s lizard tank (piece of wood). Also, multiple images of the symbol could be seen in the dirt where Niki was burying her mirror double’s victims.
2) Isaac Mendez is the artist of the 9th Wonders comic book. Hiro discovers himself on the cover of the comic book and finds a picture on the back page of Isaac with his picture shown and his address listed.
3) The voice of Nathan Petrelli seeking votes in the 14th District of New York is on Chandra Suresh’s voice mail.
4) A message from Sylar is on Chandra Suresh’s voice mail.
5) One of the murder victims has his head sawn off and his brains scraped out. Later on we learn that the same fate happened to Isaac Mendez.
6) Hiro visits Isaac’s studio in New York.
7) Mohinder, Isaac, and Peter have all drawn the symbol. Mohinder’s stick-it note, Isaac’s paintings, and Peter’s drawing.
8) The symbol shows up randomly in other places (pool, lizard tank, desert sand, etc.)
9) There is a picture of the moon on the wall in Chandra Suresh’s apartment. Chandra means moon!
Graphic Novel Two: Hiro (The Crane)
1) Hiro's teleportation skills and time warp exploits are discussed.
2) Hiro works for Yamagoto Industries as a Level 3 Programmer.
3) Hidden scenes from graphic novel (click on page 6) show Nathan Petrelli passing in front of his campaign posters. A fire truck passes Nathan on the street on the way to some emergency.
1) Ando downloads a video of Niki Sanders from the Internet to his iPod.
2) Mohinder calls Mr. Bennett “Horned Rimmed Glasses”!
3) Hiro calls Issac on the phone from Japan but Isaac hangs up on him.
5) Chadra Suresh’s book “Activating Evolution” is found in Mohinder’s apartment and Sylar’s apartment and Peter Petrelli also has a copy.
6) Nathan Petrelli’s photograph is found on the map in Sylar’s apartment.
7) Both Sylar and Chandra Suresh have similar maps in their apartments.
8) lasvegasniki.com seen on Ando’s iPod.
9) Isaac draws image of Peter kissing Simone.
Graphic Novel Three: Nathan (Trial By Fire)
1) First page of all three graphic novels show a picture of a Nissan Versa driving towards the eclipse. This is the vehicle Hiro had to rent in L.A. for their drive to Las Vegas.
2) Nathan Petrelli political posters are all over the city.
3) Nathan saves a girl from a fire. Claire saves a man from a fire.
While its seems evident that both Nathan and Peter have the ability to fly, or in the case of Peter, at least levitate, it occurs to me that Nathan has more control since he has used his power longer, or known about it longer. He suppresses his power because he is concentrating on becoming a congressman and any weirdness surrounding him would cause his campaign to falter.
1) Is running for Congress 14th District New York City
2) Tries to get Peter to forget flying.
3) Flies to save his brother from falling.
1) Tries to convince Peter to forget about flying.
2) Tells Peter he tried to commit suicide.
1) Tells the public that Peter tried to commit suicide at a pep rally.
Graphic Novel Three: Nathan (Trial by Fire)
1) Saves a young girl from a fire.
Is it true that Peter can only fly when he is upset or angry? I think that he has yet to understand or practice his skill and that it may take a while before he can truly control his power. There is no doubt that Peter is an empath. Whether he can assimilate someone else’s power remains to be seen.
1) Peter is an in-home nurse.
2) He works for Simone and Charles Deveaux.
3) Dreams of himself flying.
1) Levitates for a few moments while under stress.
2) Draws a stick figure of himself and Nathan flying (includes symbol on drawing.)
1) Practices flying in the school yard (nice touch of the kid with the cape by the way!)
2) Finds book “Activating Evolution” by Chandra Suresh
3) Tells his brother that he is going to look for Chandra Suresh.
3) Tells Simone that he loves her.
Perhaps, he too had powers he was unable to or could not control. Why the multiple suicide attempts, though? Was he “hungry” like Sylar but afraid to hurt people? Is he truly dead or have we already met him? I don’t believe that we have heard the last of him.
Claire may be the most important of all the Heroes. On an altruistic level her power means more to the human race than any other. Immortality cannot be far away from rapid cellular regeneration once it is understood. The search for her birthparents may be a critical point to the story and don’t be surprised to find out that Claire has siblings (other than the brother shown). She may be someone that Sylar has his sights on to victimize. And don’t forget that Zach knows all about Claire’s extraordinary powers.
1) Two foot pole through the neck
2) Jumping from a high structure
2a) Dislocated shoulder
2b) Ribs sticking out through skin
3) Fingers caught in the garbage compactor
4) Intense fire at train wreck
5) Multiple stab wounds in the chest
6) Exposure to radiation (as reported on news from train wreck)
7) Hit by a truck (As seen in Episode: Chapter 2 preview)
1) Broken neck (head twisted all the way around) in an accident on the football field.
In Theatre Trailer
1) Broken every bone in her body.
1) Piece of wood punctured through skull (which evidently kills her?).
2) Survives an autopsy.
Mr. Bennett (Horn Rimmed Glasses or HRG) :
Listening to Sylar on Chandra Suresh’s voice-mail it is very hard to determine whether Mr. Bennett and Mr. Sylar are the same person. Their voices sound very similar to me but I don’t believe they are the same. Perhaps the similarities were included on purpose by the writers to provide drama and intrigue. Is he evil? Could he be after Sylar himself? Putting a finger in the leaky dike, so to speak. There seems to be a genuine affection for Claire but that could very well be an act. Also, Claire’s little brother… does he also have a latent power? Has Bennett (HRG) collected him for another purpose?
Mr. Bennett (Claire’s “father”)
1) Seen in Mohinder Suresh’s father’s apartment after his death.
2) In Mohinder’s cab. (Matrix reference: "…but I'm sure there are a lot of Suresh's where you're from, it's like Smith or Anderson." Smith and Anderson are the antagonist and protagonist in the Matrix.
3) “Father” of Claire Bennett.
1) Mr. Bennett (HRG) may be Sylar but more information is needed to verify.
2) Mr. Bennett (HRG) has Zach’s tape of Claire’s “accidents.”
1) Points out Brody and asks if he is the quarterback (I think that Brody is working fro HRG)
2) In previews fro next episode he is seen looking at Matt Parkman who is in a hospital bed (?)
Like Hiro Isaac has seen a fragment of the future. He knows that the attack on New York, and perhaps the entire world, has to be stopped. As an artist, the most accessible medium to send out your message is through the mass production and distribution of your comic. So he decides to tell the story in the pages of 9thWonders! (Cool name for a comic, BTW) and decides to include his address inside the pages! Has Isaac begun his search for the Heroes? Perhaps he feels they will come to him if they know where he lives? Is a gathering of the Heroes eminent? Is this why Sylar killed Isaac? If so, then it would prove that Sylar is afraid of the combined powers of the Heroes. And that would mean—game on! And what role will Simone and her father play in the drama? They have been very quiet the past two episodes but I can’t shake the feeling that they will be crucially important in future episodes.
Isaac’s Bio (from the back page of the comic book):
“Published by writer / artist:
215 Reed Street, # 7
New York, New York 10010
Urged on by his instructor, Dominick Cabalo, Isaac honed his art skills and took various summer classes to help develop his craft. It wasn’t until high school when he began winning illustration contests.
With even more classes in illustration and art design classes under his belt, Isaac moved to New York and soon after, high school took various courses in college for comic book illustration.
It wasn’t until the annual New York Comic-Convention that he caught the eye of Comacho Comics and they hired him on the spot.
He worked there for 3 years, all the while learning the ins and outs of the business. _____ 2002, he self-published his own line of comics ____ ____ his old uncle Burk’s name – one of the ____ ____ ____ ____. We hope you all enjoy _____ _____ _____ wonders!
Logo designed by:
1) Isaac Mendezas a large painting of Uluru hanging over his bed, which implicates him as the artist of “9th Wonders”, making Hiro and Micah his fans. Hiro may even be searching for him while he is in New York.
2) The painting that Isaac is covering with black paint is of a hand holding a vial of foaming liquid. This may be something to look for in the future.
1) Isaac is found by Hiro in his studio with the top of his head sawn off and his brains scraped out.
2) Is the artist of the 9thWonders! Comic books.
3) Originator of the symbol?
4) Dies on November 8th?!?
5) Isaac lives at 215 Reed Street, # 7, N.Y., N.Y., 10010 (from back page of comic book.)
1) Forces Simone away.
2) Insists that he can paint the future.
1) Eclipse of the sun.
2) Suicide bombing of a bus in Israel.
3) A hand holding a foaming vial of liquid.
4) Train wreck and ensuing explosion.
5) Nuclear explosion in New York City.
6) Image of Peter Petrelli falling from a building.
7) Image of Claire Bennett in her cheerleading uniform.
Graphic Novel One: Monsters
1) Isaac paints the explosion over New York City on the floor of his studio.
1) Nuclear explosion in New York City, now painted on the floor of his studio.
2) Small color painting of mushroom cloud in corner of studio.
3) Painting of Peter Petrelli falling/flying.
4) Small black and white drawing of mushroom cloud in corner of studio.
5) The painting of the hand holding a foaming vial of liquid now has “the symbol” painted into the black paint.
6) The symbol is found in at least seven (or eight) different paintings.
7) Yellow painting, with blue and red lines (obscured by camera angle) on wall in Isaac’s apartment (when Hiro faints.)
8) Unfinished page to 9thWonders! comic book.
1) Painting of Claire talking to Zach (segue from scene).
2) Painting of the silhouette of Simone holding the painting of a man.
3) Painting of the eclipse.
4) Painting of the symbol.
Hiro has seen a glimpse of the future and he is very frightened. Now that he knows what will happen what will he do to prevent it? Obviously, our young programmer friend will not be able to convince anyone that the end of the world is near (whoever in T.V. does?) While a bit weak-kneed after the Issac be-skulling (all right, you tell be what word to use here ‘cause it sure ain’t beheading!) Hiro will need to find a way to marshal his strength to help save the world. This should be very interesting!
1) Makes the clock stop and reverse for one second.
2) Causes the subway to be fourteen seconds late.
3) Teleports into the women’s room of a nightclub.
4) Teleports from Tokyo to New York City.
1) Discovers himself as the subject of a comic book.
2) Warps time (October 2nd to November 8th and back again.)
3) Teleports from New York City to Tokyo just before being eliminated by an explosion.
1) Stops time to save a little girl from being hit by a truck.
Mohinder is the narrator of the story and the catalyst behind the search for Patient Zero. In the end he may bring all the Heroes together to fight the evil Sylar and his allies. The edge he has is the book of answers and the research notes that his father kept. The need to find out how his father died will be outweighed by his need to find Patient Zero and stop Sylar and his group. Eden may be introduce as a love interest but Mohinder will need to keep an eye on her until she declares which side she is on.
1) Is reconstructing the map in his father’s apartment of supposed Hero activity.
2) Finds audiocassette tape labeled “Sylar” in his father’s apartment.
3) Believes that mutated or “different” genetic codes may be the next step in evolution.
4) Is being followed by Mr. Bennett.
5) Has his father’s folder of Hero incidents.
6) Is not heard entering his father’s apartment.
Graphic Novel One: Monsters
1) Mohinder has a fixation with the Hindu goddess Kali.
1) Is not heard entering his father’s apartment. Hmmm….
2) Believes that the answer to patient zero is in the genetic code.
3) Finds genetic information on a portable hard drive in his father’s apartment.
4) Has an image of the symbol on his map.
1) Finds his fathers notebook.
2) Visits Sylar’s apartment.
3) Finds a key with no indication what it is for.
1) Dies in New York City
2) Working on tracking down individuals with strange powers
Graphic Novel One: Monsters
1) Chandra worked for the Chelsea Cab Company at the corder of Cedar and Trinity.
2) His death was called an accident but his cab was ripped to pieces!
1) Has a lizard named Mohinder
2) Was interested in Darwin’s Origins of the Species
1) Wrote the book “Activating Evolution”
2) Photo of Dr. Suresh is on the back cover.
Chandra Suresh’s notebook (Episode 3):
The notebook contains what looks like information concerning people with extraordinary powers (heroes) that Suresh has documented:
1) Entry March 1991 – female – Palo Indonesia – 22 years old - Malaysian
Potential power – teleportation
At the bottom of the page is some type of genetic shorthand and a small baggy contains a fingernail clipping, presumably from this individual.
2) Entry Feb. 2005 – Marabai, Brazil -13 years old – Columbian
3) Sylar’s address is scrawled in the pages on the notebook (the date on the following page is October 2006)
Niki’s mirror double may be the most powerful of all the Heroes we have met. Does she need Niki to survive or would she continue to thrive in the mirror world even if Niki were dead? The implication is that Niki and her double are on the edge between what is right and wrong and that she/they could easily cross over at any time. The glimpses of her doppelganger that we have seen tell us that she is capable of great harm. And this isn’t the first time…
1) Finds two hit men dead in her garage studio after waking up.
2) Her double communicates with her through the mirror.
3) Has very smart son.
1) Mirror double cleans up the mess from the killings.
2) Mirror double purchases red Cadillac
3) Mirror double leaves a note in the glove compartment and a map and the bodies in the trunk of the car.
4) Lives at 37 Parker Street, Henderson, NV. 89014 (Auto registration)
1) Explains why D.L. was captured (stole 2 million dollars from Linderman).
2) Is told that D.L. has escaped the authorities.
Genius, technopath and polymath, young Micah is another child of two individuals with unique powers. Does this amplify the degree of the power? If so Micah may be a power to be reckoned with in the future. He may know more than he lets on too.
Although not yet seen in any episode D.L. Hawkins is important and has seen considerable discussion on the boards. Niki tells us in episode two that D.L. is on the run from the police but insider information tells us that he is in prison and has the ability to walk through walls. Could he be on the run after escaping from prison? That possibility exists. But why was he in prison? Could he have taken the fall for one of Niki’s earlier mirror-double murders? It is possible that D.L. could walk through walls and took the blame knowing he could escape at any time. But why did he wait until he was in prison? Couldn’t he have walked out of the jail cell prior to his trial just as easily? Perhaps his power is one that does not manifest itself until a trauma occurs?
From and NBC Press release October 5th, 2006:
"... a fugitive from justice (D.L. Hawkins) continues to baffle authorities who twice have been unable to contain him. "
1) Stole 2 million dollars from Linderman and killed his accomplices (?)
This character is shrouded in conjecture and rightly so. When Mohinder first meets her and introduces himself she fails to give him her name. She also tells him that his father shared his theories with her. But why would he do that? It does not seem to make sense to me that a genetics Professor working on a key to special powers would share that information with an antique bookstore employee. Even a lonely old professor would not share sensitive information. I think that she may be a mole or a plant that is destined to side with the Heroes.
Not seen in pilot
1) Rescues Mohinder from the “Exterminator.” She picks up his gun and chases the “operative” away.
2) Notices voice mail messages on Chandra Suresh’s phone.
3) Finds portable hard drive in lizard tank.
4) Discussed theories with Chandra Suresh. This seems a bit odd to me. Why would Mohinder’s father discuss this very important information with her? Could she be a mole?
1) Finds Chandra Suresh’s notebook in the computer.
2) Goes with Mohinder to Sylar’s apartment.
3) Does not look surprised when Sylar’s apartment is emptied.
His ability will prove to be vitally important should all the Heroes gather together. He will be the central processor, the listening post and the command center. He may be the one who ultimately makes all the connections between characters. Does he get to close to Sylar? Is that why we see him with Bennett and his associate in the previews? Does he use his skills as a detective and thought-reader to dig too deep?
Not found in pilot
1) Hears the thoughts of the little girl who is hiding
2) Hears thoughts of policewoman 1 (CIA Agent)
3) Hears thoughts of Audrey Hanson (FBI Agent)
1) Hears the thoughts of Audrey Hanson (FBI Agent)
2) Hears the thoughts of his wife
3) Hears the thoughts of many patrons at the bar.
4) Cannot hear the thoughts of the mysterious man at the bar
Policewoman1 (CIA Agent) (redhead)
The remarks made by this character make me believe that she has her own agenda. She may possibly be working for Sylar or with him. Consider this, she says that the little girl is “of utmost importance.” While this might be exactly what every parent would want to hear from the police under these circumstances it seemed to me like she meant something else entirely. Also, it makes sense that the little girl has some power herself, as it seems both her parents were Heroes.
(According to Mohinder Sylar is Patient Zero) Could Sylar be the result of genetic testing gone very wrong? Was he created by a covert scientific government organization? And whom does he work for? While his voice is similar to that of Mr. Bennett (HRG) I do not feel that they are one and the same person. It is obvious that Sylar is using his power for evil. His power may be the ability to assimilate others powers. His name is being associated with mass murder and that’s never good. There is no doubt that Chandra Suresh was working with Sylar but probably only as a means to uncover the identities of the Heroes. It is most likely that Sylar killed Professor Suresh and may even be responsible for following Mohinder.
1) The name “Sylar” found on a cassette tape by Mohinder in Chandra Suresh’s apartment.
Graphic Novel One: Monsters
1) Syler is named Patient Zero by Mohinder Suresh.
1) “Sylar” mentioned by policewoman1 at murder scene in connection to a murder (or murders) in Barstow, CA.
2) Name repeated by Matt Parkman to policewoman1
3) Policewoma2 said, “Sylar, the last words of a dying victim.”
4) Heard on Chandra Suresh’s voice mail… “The hunger… I can’t control it!”
1) Tries to kidnap Molly Walker.
2) Gets shot by Matt Parkman.
3) Regenerates and teleports away from scene.
4) Lives at: 1146 Trenton Place Apt. 1B, Queens, N.Y. 11011
5) Looks like Sylar may be Brody the football player. (Speculation)
1) A strange looking magnifying glass is seen when first entering the apartment.
2) Open book depicting a brain operation of some sort.
3) There is a book in a glass case in the center of the room.
4) Sylar has a map on the wall very similar to Mohinder’s map (including photos).
5) There are many more “strings” or lines to heroes than that found in Suresh’s apartment.
6) There is religious writing on the back wall of the apartment.
7) Writings on the wall include: Forgive me! Forgive me father for I have sinned. Tete. I have sinned. I have sinned. I have sinned.
8) Chandra Suresh’s book “Activating Evolution” is seen on the desk in the apartment.
9) There are many, many books on the shelves of the apartment.
10) The phone is a rotary style phone. (Old desk style.)
1) First seen on 9th Wonders! Comic book (read by Micah)
This may be a literal connotation rather than a nickname too! Who could he be working for? The possibilities seem to me to be three: First, he could be working for Sylar but I somehow doubt this. Sylar seems more like a lone wolf to me. Second, he could be working for Mr. Bennett (HRG), which makes more sense. Or, third, he could be working for a government agency that has somehow learned that the Heroes are walking the planet unmonitored. Regardless, the bug he was planting was real and someone is interested in what Mohinder has to say.
The symbol appears to be a shadow (or an eclipse) of the human DNA helix. The intersecting horizontal lines seem to be markers where the DNA has mutated. This is possibly the super-genome or a “new” or “mutated” protein that identifies the Heroes. It can be found in too many locations (see below) to be a mere coincidence. Is it a calling card to those with special powers? And will they rally around it?
1) Found on 9th Wonders! Comic book that Micah was reading (Uluru issue – upper left hand corner)
1) The symbol appears in Isaac’s apartment in at least twelve (and probably more) different paintings.
2) Found on a stick-it note on Mohinder’s map in his father’s apartment.
3) Seen on the laptop computer from the jump drive: it appears twice in the breaks of the genetic code as it scrolls across the screen.
4) Recorded by Peter in the upper right hand corner of his stick drawing.
5) Found in the pool (hose in water) at the home of the murdered man and his wife.
6) (Possible) Inside Chandra Suresh’s lizard tank. Piece of wood shaped like symbol.
7) (Possible) Multiple symbols found in the dirt where Niki was burying her double’s victims.
8) Two instances on the cover of the 9th Wonders! Comic book (with Hiro on cover.) In upper left hand corner and in the background.
1) Seen on Hiro’s comic book (twice) (Comic with Hiro on the cover.)
2) Found twice on the book “Activating Evolution” by Chandra Suresh.
3) Mohinder’s laptop computer shows genetic code and the symbol is seen in the breaks of code at least twice.
4) Claire’s geometry book has the symbol printed on it in red ink.
5) Isaac’s studio shows another painting with the symbol on it.
6) The map in Sylar’s apartment shows at least five photographs. Each photo has the symbol printed on the photo.
7) Found on the necklace of the mysterious man in the bar that Matt could not “read.”
1) Isaac - From the Hebrew name (Yitzchaq) which meant, "He laughs". Isaac in the Old Testament was the son of Abraham and the father of Esau and Jacob.
2) Mendez - A patronymic surname meaning "son or descendant of Mendel or Mendo," given names meaning “knowledge, wisdom.”
3) Hiro - Japanese meaning "broad-minded, just."
4) Nakamura - Japanese surname means, "middle village" and is the eighth most common Japanese surname.
5) Simone – Is a Hebrew name meaning “one who hears.”
6) Deveaux – Is a spelling variation of Devereux, the English (Norman) place name, which resulted from the fused preposition -de- added to the location Evreux, which is located in Eure, Normandy. The name would have been recorded as in this example: John de’Evreux, which meant, John-from Evreux.
7) Micah – The name Micah is a shortened form of Micaiah, which means, "Who is like unto the Lord?"
8) Sanders – A patronymic surname derived from the given name "Sander," a medieval form of "Alexander." Alexander comes from the Greek name "Alexandros," meaning "defender of men" from Greek alexein “to defend, help.”
9) Niki – A derivative of Nicole, which is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "victorious people."
10) Nathan – Is a Hebrew name meaning “Gift from God.”
11) Petrelli – Came from the personal name Pietro, or Peter, which is itself derived from the Greek word petrus, meaning “rock.”
12) Peter – According to the New Testament, Jesus gave the Apostle Peter (whose given name was Simon) the name Rock (Kephas or Cephas in Aramaic; Petros or "bedros" (Greek). The name was transliterated into Latin as Petrus, from which the English form Peter derives.
13) Mathew – It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "gift of the Lord."
14) Parkman – Means the keeper of the park.
15) Mohinder – Sanskrit in origin meaning the great God Indra (the God of the sky).
16) Suresh – Unknown
17) Claire – Is Latin and Greek meaning “bright, shining, clear.”
18) Bennett – From the medieval given name Benedict, originating from the Latin "benedictus" meaning "blessed."
1) Zach – Shortened from Zachariah, Hebrew meaning “remembrance of the Lord.”
2) Brody – Irish or English: From a surname, which was originally derived from a place name meaning "ditch" in Gaelic.
3) Jackie – Feminine form of Jacques, which is a form of Jacob. From the Latin Jacobus, which was from the Greek (Iakobos), which was from the Hebrew name (Ya'aqov). In the Old Testament, Jacob (later called Israel) was the son of Isaac and Rebecca and the father of the twelve founders of the twelve tribes of Israel. He was born holding his twin brother Esau's heel, and his name is explained as meaning "holder of the heel" or "supplanter". Other theories claim that it is in fact derived from a hypothetical name like (Ya'aqov'el) meaning "may God protect".
4) Lori - Feminine form of the Late Latin name Laurus, which meant, "laurel". In ancient Rome the leaves of laurel trees were used to create victors' garlands. Saint Laura was a 9th-century Spanish martyr, a nun who was thrown into a vat of molten lead by the Moors.
5) Eden McKenzie – Eden is the birthplace of man. Eden is Hebrew meaning delightful, adornment, or paradise. Also, the place of creation. Could she be Patient Zero? I think it possible!
6) McKenzie – It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "fire-born; son of the wise ruler." Cainnech, meaning “good-looking”, also influenced the name’s development.
7) Chandra – Sanskrit meaning eminent, illustrious or moon. Perhaps, having something to do with the eclipse?
8) Sylar – English, meaning wood, woodsman or belonging to the forest.
1) Hawkins - Usage: English; A patronymic surname derived from a diminutive of Hawk; Originally a nickname for a person who had a hawk-like appearance or who acted in a fierce manner.
2) Linderman – Diminutive of Linder; the surname Linder is thought to be derived from a locational field name related to the linden tree. The name is also related to the occupation of woodcutter or wood carrier. The earliest Linders who lived in "la Linda" were woodcutters or carriers.
3) Molly Walker – The name Molly is of Irish origin. Pet form of Mary (Latin) "star of the sea." In use since the late Middle Ages. In the past, "moll" had meant a prostitute or a gangster's girlfriend, making the use of this name uncommon. Walker is the surname for a fuller, or person who walked on damp raw cloth in order to thicken it. Derived from the Middle English "walkcere," meaning "a fuller of cloth," and derived from the Old English "wealcan," to walk or tread.
4) Audrey Hanson – Audrey is of English origin and means “Noble Strength”, The surname Hanson is of Scandinavian, German and Danish origin, and its meaning is "son of Hans." Hans is a variant of John (Hebrew) "the Lord is gracious." In Hindu, it comes from a Sanskrit expression meaning, "swan."
There has been some discussion concerning mutated and/or manipulated DNA as the reason behind our Heroes powers. But why would someone go through the trouble of sawing someone’s head off and scraping out the brains if it wasn’t important. I can’t think of a psychological reason why this might be done but for research purposes it makes sense. Einstein had his brain removed and studied after his death. Perhaps the powers we are seeing are not genetic manipulations at all but rather from evolution and the power of the brain. Why then the double helix symbol? Mohinder Suresh began the series with the question, “"People only use 10% of their brains, what if they used more?” Could this then be the real reason behind their powers? Have our Heroes somehow found a way to tap into additional brainpower? And, is Sylar being controlled by Mr. Bennett (HRG)? And the question that I keep asking myself, “What is Sylar’s power?” Could he assimilate others abilities?
No reference or images to brains found.
1) Molly Walker’s father had the top of his skull opened up and presumably the brains removed.
2) Issac (five weeks into the future) has his skull opened and brains removed.
1) In Sylar’s apartment Eden finds an open book with some brain operation depicted.
Graphic Novel One: Monsters
(Streets named after super heroes or fictional characters?)
1) Cedar and Trinity (Address of the Chelsea Cab Company)
1a) Cedar - Not yet linked to a superhero (if you have any ideas please let me know)
1b) Trinity - Character from the Matrix
(Streets named after super heroes or fictional characters?)
1) Isaac lives on "Reed" Street – Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) was a superhero and leader of The Fantastic Four.
2) Niki lives on "Parker" Street – Peter Parker was the real name of Spiderman!
1) Sylar lives on Trenton Place - Not yet linked to a superhero (if you have any ideas please let me know)